Date Night Dinner
Chef Brad created an extraordinary three-course meal for your next at-home date night!
Prosciutto and Grape Salad
½ cup red grapes, cut in halves
½ cup green grapes, cut in halves
7-8 basil leaves, torn into pieces
4-5 thin slices of prosciutto
½ red onion, sliced thin
½ head of frisée (curly endive)
¼ cup white wine
Salt and pepper
- Rough cut your frisée and set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Lay prosciutto out on a sheet pan (cookie sheet) lined with parchment paper, and place in a 400-degree oven for 4 minutes. It will get crispy as it cools. Set aside.
- For the dressing, heat a sauté pan on medium to sauté sliced onion. Toss 4-5 times.
- Add grapes and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add wine and let it reduce for 2 minutes.
- Add basil, salt, and pepper.
- Toss frisee with half the dressing and mound on a plate. Top with remaining dressing, crispy prosciutto, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Optional: Add parmesan cheese.
Grilled Platter with Board Sauce
- Pick out 1-2 steak(s) of your choice. Chef Brad used New York strip. Flank, filet, or ribeye are great choices as well. You could also substitute a nice tuna steak or chicken breast.
- Season the steak well with salt, pepper, and oil.
- Grill to the desired temperature.
- Set the steak aside to rest in a pan. You will need the juices from your protein later.
- Season your favorite vegetables well with salt, pepper, and oil. Grill and set aside.
2 tbs. fresh chopped cilantro
2 tbs. fresh chopped parsley
1 tsp. dried fennel seed, rough chopped
1 tsp. red chili flake
2 large garlic cloves, finely diced
2 limes, zested and juiced
1 lemon zested and juiced
1 green onion, sliced thin
3 tbs. finely dice cucumber, seeded and peeled
2 tbs. olive oil
1. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl
2. Add protein juices from pan and cutting board
3. Arrange your platter and top protein with board sauce and top vegetables with balsamic vinegar
Peanut Butter and Strawberry Mousse on French Toast Brioche
2/3 cup cream cheese room temp
¾ pound fresh strawberries
½ cup powdered sugar
½ cup whipping cream
Extra strawberries for garnish
- In a blender or food processer, blend strawberries, sugar, and cream cheese till smooth
- Remove half and set aside
- Add heavy cream and whip until stiff peaks form
- Fold in the remaining strawberry mix. Set aside.
Peanut Butter Mousse
4 oz cream cheese, room temp
½ cup creamy peanut butter (not natural)
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup powdered sugar
2/3 cup heavy cream
- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks.
- Fold whip cream ½ at a time into the peanut butter mixture.
Brioche French Toast
1 pack of St. Pierre brioche rolls sliced on an angle about a ¼ inch to ½ inch thick
½ cup heavy cream
2 tbs. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
- Mix egg, cream, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl with a whip or fork.
- Get a skillet hot with a little oil in the pan and dip bread in egg mix, covering all sides.
- Sear in skillet about 1 minute per side or till golden brown.
- Decorate the plate with chocolate sauce place bread on the plate, dollop mousse on bread, garnish with chopped nuts, and fresh-cut strawberries.