State Room Restaurant Service Options
The State Room Restaurant is located inside Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center. When you dine at the restaurant, we provide complimentary parking on the ramp attached to the hotel. A skywalk to the hotel is located on the second floor of the parking ramp.
Please note that as of Aug. 28, 2023, the parking ramp adjacent to the hotel is managed by the MSU Police and Public Safety. Guests will receive a validation code after making a reservation to use in the payment kiosk. The code will be valid for two hours. After the two-hour timeframe, guests will be responsible for renewing their parking. Walk-in guests will receive a code from the restaurant host. Please note parking will not be included for State Room guests during special events.
If you have questions after reviewing our service options and menus, contact the team at 517-432-5049.
- Kellogg Market is now open in the hotel lobby! Please note grab & go breakfast options that were previously available in the KC Room adjacent to the State Room Restaurant have moved to the market.
- Hours for Kellogg Market are Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m., and Saturday-Sunday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
All-you-care-to-eat Lunch Buffet
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Please note on home football game days for MSU we offer a breakfast buffet from 9-11 a.m. and a gameday menu from 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Location: State Room Restaurant
- During the fall semester, we're offering an all-you-care-to-eat lunch buffet. Dining plans are accepted during lunch only, or guests can pay $14 (plus tax) for a meal. Please note tax does not apply to students.
- Reservations are not accepted for lunch service unless you are booking a private party.
Please view our lunch menu on the Eat at State website. You can also click on the button below.
À la Carte Dinner Service
- Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 4-10 p.m.
- Location: State Room Restaurant
- À la carte pricing
- Dinner reservations: Visit go.msu.edu/stateroom or call 517-432-5049
Walk-ins are accommodated if space allows. Please call us in advance if you need to cancel your reservation.
Please view our current menu online. You can also click on the button below.
Curbside pick-up orders can also be placed online, Tuesday through Saturday, 4-9:30 p.m. Pick-up for curbside orders is at the front entrance of Kellogg Center. Our team will place your order safely in your trunk or back seat.
If you're staying at the hotel, you can place a pick-up order online at the link provided or dial 5200 from your guest room. Then, pick up your order at the State Room Restaurant near the lobby. Direct room delivery is also available for an additional $3.
Payment: All major credit cards and cash are accepted. Overnight guests may have the bill charged to their hotel room. University departmental accounts may also be used as payment.
Party Size: We can seat no more than 12 guests per table in our dining room. Please include all children in your guest count and let us know if we need to reserve a high chair or booster. Tables may not be combined.
Dining Time Limit: Our flexibility to accommodate guests is significantly reduced due to limited operations. We are limiting dining to two hours.
Athletic Events: Our dinner hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 4-10 p.m. Please note as of Dec. 1, 2022, we will retain our regular days of operation for all athletic events. Therefore, the State Room will not be open if an event falls on a Sunday or Monday. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Private Dining Rooms (PDR): Three private tables are available in PDR A, PDR B, and Olympus Room. We will collect a deposit during booking for each private table reserved. This deposit will be applied to your final bill and is refundable if canceled 48 hours before your reservation. The maximum capacity varies per room, with the largest holding 20 persons. Discounts typically offered for restaurant service are not valid for private party bookings. Please contact the hotel sales office for larger party accommodations at 517-432-5127.
The gift of a memorable dining experience in the State Room is perfect for your family and friends! Allow them to experience one of the best casual restaurants in the greater Lansing area. Gift cards can be purchased in person at the restaurant. Visit us inside the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center at 219 S. Harrison Road in East Lansing.